Monday, November 7, 2011

My Personal Review for Lorcan's Desire by SJD Peterson

When I picked up Lorcan's Desire, I never anticipated how it would effect me. This story is one I can't even chalk up into a semblance of a review for at least fifteen minutes after turning that last page. The sheer emotional journey you take while reading this is daunting. You laugh, cry, smile and cry some more. This author delivers a story that will leave you feeling as if you lived through the entire thing yourself instead of Lorcan and Quinn.

I can't express myself in the way I want in regards to this story. The sheer emotion, the passion, the love that weaves its way through the story will leave you spellbound. When a story makes me laugh one minute then the next cry like my great Aunt Dolly died, you hooked me.I felt like I was on this journey with Lorcan as well when I read Lorcan's Desire. Who has ever felt, at twenty-one, confused at what they are, what they thought they should be? This author captures those confused emotions perfectly in Lorcan. Add in having him fall in love with Quinn for the first time in his life-priceless.

These two strong men-different from one another yet perfect for each other-called to me and stole my heart by the end of chapter one. Quinn-strong, arrogant, afraid to screw things up but each time he thinks he can have it all, something happens that has him two steps behind and Lorcan hurting. Lorcan is a man who wants to be loved by Quinn and it hurts him to feel like he is Quinn's dirty little secret. Two men, a passion that blazes out of control when they are together and a love that can consume them or tear them apart.

What captivated me was how this author tossed a few twists in the storyline that I didn't see coming. The ending alone left me reeling and going "WHAT???!!" I never anticipated it and that made this story so much better to me in my opinion.

If you are looking for an emotional story about two people trying to find how to deal with a love that can break them apart or heal a heart, then Lorcan's Desire is a perfect story for you. I highly recommend a box of tissues nearby. You will need it.

SJD Peterson hits one out of the ballpark with the introduction to the Whispering Pines Ranch series and one I am anxious to read more of.  I can't wait to see what happens in Quinn's Need, Book 2 in the series.

My Rating for Lorcan's Desire: 5+ Stars and Recommended Read

Lorcan's Desire can be found at Dreamspinner Press in Ebook and Print

 Quinn's Need Now available at Dreamspinner Press in Print and eBook.

Sequel to Lorcan’s Desire - A Whispering Pines Ranch Novel

It’s been a year since Lorcan James left Whispering Pines Ranch, and Quinn Taylor has barely recovered.  Only two things keep him from falling into the abyss of despair: his work at the ranch and his escape into the world of BDSM at a club called The Push. At The Push, the sound of men begging him helps drown out the bitter memory of his own voice begging Lorcan to stay.

When Lorcan comes back to Pegasus, the same blistering heat simmers between them, but almost nothing has changed.  Lorcan is still with Jess, the man he left the ranch with, and Quinn has captured the attention of Ty Callahan, a man who will beg Quinn for anything, anytime, and any way Quinn wants it. Despite how much he wants Lorcan, Quinn swears he’ll never beg a man again. If there’s one thing Quinn has learned the hard way, it’s that not even begging can fill love’s aching need.




No comments:

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa

  Check out Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa today and make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway as the author is giving one lucky perso...