Thursday, October 19, 2017

Character Spotlight with Author Elizabeth Lister

Please give a warm welcome to Tate Mackenzie from The Loft-Book Two by Elizabeth Lister today as we sit down and see what makes him tick.

Q: So tell us about yourself. What got you in the crosshairs for your author? Huh, well, she heard about my first weekend with my boyfriend, James, and was, well, intrigued. So I told her the rest of the story. She wrote three books about us and my other boyfriend, Sebastian, called The James Lucas Trilogy. Then she realized she missed some really good stuff between the third and last books, so she wrote The Loft Trilogy. This is Book Two, and Book Three will be out in November. Let’s just say I give her lots to work with.

Q: What was it that drew you to your boyfriends? Ah, well, see, James was, is, this really well known Dom in Ottawa, where we live. If you think Ottawa, Canada is a boring old Government town, you haven’t met us or any of our friends. So he had these weekends where he would do the Dom thing, and if you wanted to do the sub thing, well, he put you on his waiting list and you had to wait. He likes to make guys wait. Trust me on this. So, finally I got my weekend and, surprise, surprise, he had invited this sex-on-a-stick twenty-three year-old blond God, Sebastian, to join us. Threw me off at first but it ended up being fucking fantastic. And, uh, I kind of fell for him. I mean, who wouldn’t fall for a blond-haired angel with a dirty mind who’d sing in the church choir on Sundays and come back to help your Dom edge you within an inch of your life? I mean, really? I was done for.

Q: A little naughty fun, where was the wildest place you seduced your partner(s)? Seduced? You mean fucked? We don’t do much seducing. I mean, the easiest way for me to seduce James is to be a bit of a brat, honestly. Challenge his authority, that sort of thing. He likes it. And I like the trouble I get into. In terms of Sebastian, well, it doesn’t take much. A wink, a little spank on the ass and he’s game. And, well, wildest place has to be James’ converted attic loft - hence the title of this series. He’s got it set up for every kind of kink you can imagine. And I can imagine a lot.

Q: Boxers, briefs or Commando on a man? Sebastian looks amazing in a pair of lacy pink panties but you’ll have to read The Loft-Book Three to really appreciate that *smiles nostalgically*.

Q: If your partner wants to seduce you, what's one sure fire trick they can do to seduce you?  Again, seduction is a little twisted where we live. Best way for James to seduce me is to tell me I’m in big trouble and I need a spanking. Gets me every time. Sebastian just needs to look at me with his big blue eyes and say something dirty.

Q: What is the one place on your partner's body that you know will drive them wild-in and out of bed?  Hmmm. Honestly the biggest erogenous zone on both my guys is the brain. You get one little word or phrase just right and it’s game on.

Q: What was one of the most embarrassing things your author did to you in The Loft-Book Two?  Uh, *clears throat*, well, James took me and Sebastian to a fetish party at La Petite Mort in Gatineau. Gatineau is across the river from Ottawa and those French Canadians are into some kinky shit. Anyway, me and Sebastian were kind of a Live Art Display, if you will, for part of the party. James had us roped naked together for people to look at and…touch. It was horrible and wonderful at the same time. *Looks down and back up, blushing* I’d do it again.

Q: Anything else you would like to add?  Sure. Even though we’re all three kinky as hell and get up to all kinds of weird stuff, we love each other too, right? I mean, I couldn’t imagine being with two more caring and wonderful men, honestly.


Thank you Tate Mackenzie for joining us on 'Meet the Character' day here at Dawn’s Reading Nook Blog. You can find all of Elizabeth Lister’s books at https://www.mlrbooks.com/books.php and all major online retailers.


Genre: MMM Contemporary Erotic BDSM Romance, Book 2 in The Loft Trilogy (Book 3 coming November 2017)
Publisher: MLR Press


The Loft-Book Two Blurb: Tate and Sebastian spend more and more time at their boyfriend/Dom James' home but when they receive a notice of eviction from their apartment they hesitate to examine the obvious solution - moving in with James. In the meantime, James and his longtime friend Catherine plan an elaborate fetish party at Catherine's club in Gatineau - La Petite Mort. Tate is apprehensive and James does what he can to allay his fears, including taking both young men to the club on an ordinary night. But an ordinary night with James proves anything but as he indulges his love of sexual game-playing.

Buy:  

Excerpt:  

James was considering. I could see the gears shifting. When he spoke, it was with a quiet intention. “Is it because you’ve thought of, and rejected, the obvious solution?”
“And what would that be?”
“Tate,” Sebastian warned. “Don’t be disingenuous.”
“Moving in with me,” James said.
I stared at him. It wasn’t that simple. It couldn’t be.
“We’re just not sure we want to give up our independence,” I said.
Sebastian snorted. “Speak for yourself.” He turned to James. “He’s terrified that you’re just offering because you’re trying to be nice. He doesn’t want you to feel forced into inviting us to live with you.”
James looked at me and suddenly laughed.
“That’s not very nice. It’s a legitimate concern,” I said, taking offence.
He stood up and walked over to me, stopping a few inches away. “Do I ever do anything just to be nice, Tate?”
I raised my chin. He acted tough but he was the most gentlemanly and caring person I’d ever met. “Yes, James, you do. Don’t fucking deny it.”
He looked surprised. I didn’t care.
“Do you and Sebastian want to come and live with me? That is what I’m asking. Not just to be nice but because I would have asked you weeks ago if I hadn’t been wary of scaring you off.”
I felt both relieved and suddenly angry. “Jesus, James, of all the things that could scare us off! That’s what you worry about?”
He began to look annoyed as well. “Yes, well, I admit it seems peculiar. But there it is.” He moved to a stool by the kitchen counter and sat down, staring at us. “Look, I am well aware that what we do together can be intense. What the three of us have together is very…powerful and life-changing. I’m scared to fuck it up by being overly possessive. I have the same fears, Tate, you know. I want you boys to be with me—to live with me—because it’s what you both want, not because it’s convenient or because I want you to.”
“Fuck, James,” I said, blinking back the traitorous tears. “Red.” If he said anything else at this point I’d start bawling like a girl.


Author Bio:  

In between making school lunches, driving her children to activities and snuggling in front of the TV with her handsome husband, Elizabeth writes very graphic erotica about gay men in love.
Her three full-length novels comprising The James Lucas Trilogy – Beyond the Edge, The Cross and the Trinity, and A Numinous Light – are available to purchase in print and ebook. This series follows the lives of three men drawn together by a mutual enjoyment of BDSM play and an undeniable attraction to each other. Beyond the Edge received an Honorable Mention in the Pauline Réage Novel Award category of the NLA-International Awards, which recognize excellence in writing and publishing about Leather, SM, bondage and fetishes.



1 comment:

AE Lister said...

Thank you for having "us", Dawn!

Book Blast and Giveaway: Fox Hounds by Lia Connor

Title :  Fox Hounds Author : Lia Connor Publisher : Changeling Press Cover Artist: Renee' George Release Date : March 15, 2024 He...