Thursday, April 14, 2016

WRITERS WRITE...WRITING PARTNERS FEUD ~ INTERVIEW WITH CELIA BRESLIN


Our alter-egos are taking over:


FROM THE DESK OF
DONA PENZA TATTLE, ESQ.
AND
ASSOCIATE WRYE BALDERDASH


Greetings,

Off to our interview with CBG author, Celia Breslin.



Off they go on another interviewing venture.  This time with Celia Breslin, urban fantasy and paranormal romance author of such books as DESTINY and HAVEN to name a few.



Off they go on another interviewing venture.  This time with Celia Breslin, urban fantasy and paranormal romance author of such books as DESTINY and HAVEN to name a few.



Tattle gulps. “You sure they’re aren’t any vampires around here?”



Wrye does the eye lift to heaven look. “You know those things don’t exist. We live in a world devoid of that kind of magic and fantasy and spooky stuff.”



“All I can say is when we reviewed Celia’s books, she sure made me feel like all sorts of things can happen.”



“You’ll be fine.  Now, let’s just materialize in her office.”



And they do, startling Celia.



C: Celia shrieks and jumps from her chair. “What the--? How did--? You sparkled like the Star Trek transporter beam…”



She picks up her water glass from her desk. Sniffs. Sips. Shrugs. “Okay…um…Hi?”



T: “It is very nice to meet you in the flesh.”  Keeps watching Celia’s mouth, checking for fangs as she takes a seat, perching on the end of it as if ready to dash at any moment.  “Now, to get things started.  Tell us, do you believe in ghosts? In your world are they horrid or friendly or a mixture?  Do you talk to them?



W: “That’s rude! Of course, she talks to them if she sees them.  Oh, sorry, Celia, for interrupting.”



C: She gestures at them. “Well, clearly I believe in ghosts, since I’m talking to you now. Actually, given how you arrived, alien makes more sense to explain you, right?” She rolls her chair back several inches away from them. “Yep, friendly ghosts and/or aliens works for me.”



W: “Great response.  As for us, we are simply literary magic.”



T: “In other words a combo of ghost, alien, and unexplainable. We, however, can be whatever…”



W: Cuts Tattle off, knowing she can digress with the best of them. “Please tell us which of your characters’ has you totally mesmerized and why?”



C: She relaxes against the back of her chair with a sigh of relief. “So… you’re ghost and/or alien journalists? Cool! Well, All my characters hold a piece of my heart, but since I’m currently writing about vampires, I’ll share my favorite. His name is Jonas, and he appears in my Tranquilli Bloodline Series.  He’s the heroine Carina’s mentor. An ancient vampire originally from England, Jonas embodies extreme violence in a pretty package.  He’s a man of few words, dark and moody, fiercely loyal and violently protective of those few people he loves (such as Carina). I adore him so much that I gave him his own short story in the series: VAMPIRE CODE.



T: Please tell us if you belong to the tribe of geek, nerd, weird or are you a sensible, logical person like… well…moi, for instance?”



C: Laughs. “Well, I’d like to subscribe to your brand of “sensible and logical”. You can travel through space and time -- and without even a Tardis! She grins. “Aaaaand, I think my answer just put me squarely in the geek/nerd tribe.”  Points at a dashing navy coat hanging in her open closet. “The Tardis coat probably gave me away, too. The swirly lining with the exploding Tardis was inspired by the episode, 'Vincent (Van Gogh) and the Doctor.' Season 5, episode 10.” She shrugs. “Yeah…geek.”



T: “A gal after me own heart. I never miss a show, and honestly believe Doctor Who is real, and the shows are the way he is preparing us for his actual arrival.”



W: Interrupts before she goes into fandom.  “For an infinitely more important question, if you were a shapeshifter, what creature would you be and why?”



C: She nods. “I get this question a lot. A mermaid might be cool. I like the idea of being able to breathe underwater. I’m also a cat person, so maybe a black panther shifter. Wolves are amazing, too, though.  I have some sexy Scottish Wolf shifters in Destiny (Book 2, Tranquilli Bloodline). They’re a fun pack.”



T: Soooo, you like lairs? Horror? Scaring the beejees outta people? Is there a dark, dank place deep within you? Tell us…. (Poises on the edge of her seat, and bites a nail)



C: “Well, clearly you two love to scare the bejesus out of people, given your sudden sparkly appearance in my office. I like some horror fiction, especially Stephen King…”



W: Wyre holds a hand to his heart as he interrupts. “You are indeed a woman of discernment. I own every version, of every book Stephen King ever wrote. I am a down-home fan for the King of Horror. Forgive my outburst and do go on.”



C: “And in movies, the best horror movie of all time is, hands down, The Cabin In The Woods by Joss Whedon. That man is a genius. Everything he writes is amazing. There’s Firefly, Buffy, Angel, Avengers, Dr. Horrible’s Sing-long…oh…”She blushes.  “I’m letting my geek flag fly again, aren’t I?”



T: Geeks are some of my favorite people. They think outside the circle.



W: If you could interview a vampire, what would be your first question?



C: Celia’s smile disappears. She leans forward.  “I’d ask: Do you play for Team Evil or Team Good?”  Points her finger at them. “Actually, make sure you ask them that before you agree to meet in person. And don’t beam yourselves into their space unannounced. Even a vampire on Team Good might get rather cranky about that!”



T:  Thank you so much for allowing us to grill… um…. Interview you.  You have been a delight, and also thank you for the great advice and for not biting us.  (Tattle could swear she saw a glint of fangs.)




Dona Penza Rutabaga Tattle, Esq. and Associate Wrye Balderdash
of Blather City, Wannachat
Created and written by:  Angelica Hart and Zi

***
We'd love to hear from anyone interested in what we do. Anyone who writes us at writingteamcw@yahoo.com (Write - Blog Dawn - in subject line) and leaves an s-mail address, we will send you a free ebook (choose erotic or romantic thriller) and add you to any future mailings.



Angelica Hart and Zi ~ Vixen Bright and Zachary Zane
www.champagnebooks.com - www.carnalpassions.com - angelicahartandzi.com










No comments:

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...