Saturday, February 13, 2016

Welcome author Louise Herman and her heroine, Faith


Please give a warm welcome to Faith from Split Blood: The Ancient Codex – Part One by Louise Herman today as we sit down and see what makes her tick.

Q: So tell us about yourself. What got you in the crosshairs for your author?

A: I love Louise Herman. If I didn’t know better I’d swear she was a witch. She seems to understand our coven’s ways and our history but she also doesn’t condemn magical beings interacting with each other, unlike our coven leader, Mim. Louise understands our magical guide book, The Ancient Codex and respects our heritage but, dissimilar to Mim, she doesn’t force it down our throat and gives us the freedom to experience life outside of witchcraft.

Q: What was it that drew you to your mate?

A: I’m not sure I should be saying this, since we are on the run at the moment, but I’m sure you won’t tell Mim or the elders.

As soon as I saw Rohan I thought there was something different about him.

He wasn’t like the other vampires at school.

He was quiet and unassuming, unlike his other clan members, who took pleasure in asserting their dominance over those who they deemed beneath them. 

That day, when Rohan saved me and Lily from the group of vampire boys in the school corridor, I thought there was something intriguing about him, but I knew it was forbidden to associate with anyone from outside of our circle, so I thanked him and thought nothing more about him, until he followed me home through the woods.

Q: A little naughty fun, where was the wildest place you seduced your partner(s)?

A: Well, when we ran away from our circles, we stayed in an unused bomb shelter, in the forest, for a night before we went to seek help from Lily and the other fairies.

It wasn’t the most romantic setting but Rohan lit a few candles to give a little light to the dank space and I made a make-shift bed in the cleanest section of the shelter and one thing led to another.

It was my first time so I was nervous and unconfident but Rohan put me at ease and I began to enjoy it.


Q: Boxers, briefs or Commando on a man?

A: I am blushing right now but I think I would have to say commando. Our coven encourages freedom of bodily parts, especially under a full moon as clothing restricts the moon rays from accessing and rejuvenating the aura and psychic abilities.

Q: If your partner wants to seduce you, what's one sure fire trick they can do to seduce you?

A: I loved experiencing flying without a broomstick.

Just being in his arms, weaving in and out of the clouds and feeling the wind on my face was amazing.

So, if he wanted to seduce me then he could fly me to a beach at night, under a full moon, where we could have a moonlit picnic and be alone together.

I would be very appreciative.

Q: What is the one place on your partner's body that you know will drive them wild-in and out of bed?

A: Rohan is a vampire and does not shy away from his true nature but when I bite his neck, it drives him wild, especially with my new found powers and urges.

Q: What was one of the most embarrassing things your author did to you in Split Blood: The Ancient Codex – Part One?

A: The most embarrassing thing Louise Herman did to me in Split Blood: The Ancient Codex – Part One was setting me up with Damien - the idiot wizard.

She arranged my marriage to him and I couldn’t believe it because he was such a weed and we had nothing in common.

I’m glad she introduced me to Rohan because as soon as he came onto the scene, it gave me much more purpose to tell Damien where to shove his chauvinistic thoughts and ideas about how our marriage would be and gain the courage to run away with Rohan.

I forgive her now though because even though we have broken a cardinal rule in the Ancient Codex and could be put to death if we are caught, I would never change running away with Rohan and hope for many more years together in this type of bliss…

Well, if these stomach pains goes away…

Q: Anything else you would like to add?

A: Nothing much, apart from I am looking forward to going to the Forest of Ver to see Lily and I hope she feels happier and will tell me why she has been so weird around Dara at school.

Thank you Faith for joining us on 'Meet the Character' day here at Dawn’s Reading Nook Blog. You can find all of Louise Herman books at http://www.louisehermanauthor.com.

Louise Herman Bio

Louise Herman is a North London Fantasy author obsessed with pear drops sweets and 80s Fantasy films.

In between reading James Herbert novels and drinking too much coffee, she writes Young Adult Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance novels.

Louise Herman has currently written five YA Fantasy books to date (December 2015); The Orcus Games Prequel Trilogy and The Split Blood series, which take the reader on a journey of magic, mystery, obsession and forbidden love with seductively dark consequences.

For more information, please go to: www.louisehermanauthor.com



No comments:

Discover Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash

  Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash (Howling Death MC) Publication date: March 29th 2024 Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance   Synopsis: If the...