Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Character Spotlight with Hypatios and author Kate Hill

Please give a warm welcome to Hypatios from The Red King by Kate Hill today as we sit down and see what makes him tick.

Q: So tell us about yourself. What got you in the crosshairs for your author?
As heir to the throne of Zaltana and leader of my father's southern army, it has fallen upon me to lead my army north (his general there is incompetent) and conquer the remaining free kingdoms in the Western Continent. King Areus of Lortia has been our strongest adversary, but I promised my father I will deliver his head on a pike.

Q: What was it that drew you to your mate?
I have no mate, but there is a woman who has sparked my interest. I owe her a great deal, actually. She saved my life after Areus and I nearly destroyed each other in battle.

Q: A little naughty fun, where was the wildest place you seduced your partner(s)?
I spent most of my youth in brothels. I have had neither the time nor the inclination for courting women. Mira is different, however. If I took her, I would want her again and again. I have dreamed of seducing her in the heart of the forest where she lives, or better yet in the royal baths in the palace in Zaltana's capital city.

Q: Boxers, briefs or Commando on a man?
I generally wear a codpiece. Make of that what you will.

Q: If your partner wants to seduce you, what's one sure fire trick they can do to seduce you?
At the brothel, the women usually kneel before me and make use of their skilled lips and tongues. With the scars I bear on my face, most women prefer to keep their gazes cast down, except Mira. I'm not sure what to make of her. My scars, both physical and emotional, don't seem to repel her.

Q: What is the one place on your partner's body that you know will drive them wild-in and out of bed?
Perhaps one day I will find out. Right now my main concern is conquering Lortia.

Q: What was one of the most embarrassing things your author did to you in The Red King?
Just one? The woman was ruthless when telling that story. The first incident that comes to mind is that she recorded in detail how I vomited in Mira's presence while recovering from near-fatal injuries.

Q: Anything else you would like to add?
Pay close attention to the scenes involving my snake, Beauty. She is a perfect example of a fearless ally.


Thank you Hypatios for joining us on 'Meet the Character' day here at Dawn’s Reading Nook Blog. You can find all of Kate Hill's books at http://www.kate-hill.com.

About 'The Red King'
Coming July 1st to Ellora's Cave

Torn from her beloved convent home, Delia is forced to marry Areus of Lortia. The contract states she must deliver an heir within a year or the marriage can be annulled. Delia vows to control her fate by ensuring there will be no child--until she is mesmerized by Areus, the proud, virile warrior king.

Areus agrees to marry Delia to gain her father's army to continue his fight against Hypatios, the mad prince of Zaltana. He doesn't expect to fall in love with a convent-reared mouse, but from the first, Delia rouses his lust and touches his heart.

Their life together hangs in the balance as the war with Zaltana advances and Areus discovers Hypatios is far more than just his sworn enemy. 

No comments:

Discover Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash

  Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash (Howling Death MC) Publication date: March 29th 2024 Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance   Synopsis: If the...