Saturday, April 18, 2015

Welcome Ruby and author Starla Kaye

Please give a warm welcome to Ruby McMurtry from For Ruby’s Love by Starla Kaye today as we sit down and see what makes her tick.

Q: So tell us about yourself.

I’m a horse whisperer, or horse therapist, if you’d prefer. My mother walked out on my dad and me when I was three because she hated his traveling lifestyle as one of the most respected horse whisperers in the country. And Dad wanted me more than she did. No, don’t shed a tear for me about that. Dad was the best! He trained me well to follow in his footsteps. But he was also super over-protective. I knew a lot of men in our years of traveling from ranch to ranch, some wickedly handsome and flirtatious. But I only “knew” them from a distance, so to speak. It was getting to be tough being a 26 year-old virgin. Even tougher after Dad died suddenly. There I was left to work in mainly a man’s world at a job I’m very good at…and left with a woman’s body finally free to discover the magic of being with a man. (Winks) Really being with a man. Of course, I had to find a man who wouldn’t faint dead away after learning about my still being a virgin.

Q: What was it that drew you to your mate?

Actually I ended up with two mates. I went to Calhoun’s ranch to honor the last job my dad had signed on for: helping the rancher’s severely traumatized prized breeding mare. I knew that I could handle this job with my eyes closed. But the big, stupid, pain in the ass stubborn cowboy took one look at my 5’4” height and being a woman and said flat out NO! Did I mention what an obstinate man he was?
But Daniel, apparently his lover, a genuine GQ businessman was there and he tried to convince the cowboy to give me a chance. What a great guy he was! How the two of them ended up together…well, they say opposites attract.
Anyway, our first encounter wasn’t all that wonderful. Except, darn my ridiculous soft side, I was attracted to the rancher. Daniel, too, but mainly Calhoun. He needed my help, even if he wanted to resist the idea until Doom’s Day. But I can be stubborn as well. Plus the weather proved to be on my side and I couldn’t leave the ranch right away.

Q: A little naughty fun, where was the wildest place you seduced your partner?

It wasn’t exactly a “wild” place for my finally getting together with Calhoun. I’m not real sure how it all happened, but I know there had been some encouragement from Daniel. Anyway, Calhoun ended up reluctantly agreeing to be my first lover. He sort of fought the idea…at first. Then when I found his and Daniel’s little stash of naughty toys while looking for his condoms in his night stand, he got real embarrassed. I just got real curious. It didn’t take long after that for the fun to begin. Oh yea! Ride ‘em, cowboy!

Q: Boxers, briefs or Commando on a man?

I like them all, in truth. Boxers like Calhoun’s can be sexy-as-hell. Daniel’s briefs…yum. But then commando has some definite appeal, too.

Q: If your partner wants to seduce you, what's one sure fire trick they can do to seduce you?

Okay, I’m pretty easy now that I’ve discovered the wonders of making love. All he has to do is give me a heated look, maybe touch his fingers to the side of my face, flash me his crooked grin.

Q: What is the one place on your partner's body that you know will drive them wild-in and out of bed?

I can be pretty bold now that I’ve learned a few things. Calhoun, in particular, can get rock hard all over in a flash fire second if I rub up against him. If I cup my hand over that oh so nice bulge in his jeans, he gives this immediate lusty growl. I really love that.

Q: What was one of the most embarrassing things your author did to you in For Ruby’s Love?

That ornery author had me coming down with the flu while staying with Calhoun and Daniel. A gal just isn’t at her sexy best right then.

Q: Anything else you would like to add?

This was my worst job ever…and the best at the same time. After all, I ended up with two seriously hot men.

Thank you Ruby for joining us on 'Meet the Character' day here at Dawn’s Reading Nook Blog. You can find all of Starla Kaye’s books at Amazon, author website. For Ruby’s Love was published by Decadent Publishing.



No comments:

Discover The Fallenwood Chronicles today/Giveaway

  Check out the tour stop for The Fallenwood Chronicles by Leslie D. Soule today and make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway for a chance ...