Monday, January 26, 2015

Discover Wedding Belle Blues


Please give a warm welcome to author Mia Epsilon as we celebrate her new print book, Wedding Belle Blues, now available from Breathless Press.

 So tell us about your latest or upcoming release. What is this gem about? 
I'm really excited to see my first Breathless Press release Wedding Belle Blues now become available in print! It's my first print book so I'm over the moon delighted.

Wedding Belle Blues is the story of Anna and Robin, best friends since college. Anna has accepted a marriage proposal from Doug. Robin doesn't think Doug is the right man for her and he's determined to break the engagement before it becomes a wedding.

How often does your muse distract you from day to day minutiae? 
On average, about every thirty minutes. I'll be washing dishes or doing laundry and all of a sudden a character is whispering in my ear, wanting a story or scene to be told. When I am writing, I often get an idea about another scene while writing the current one.

  If you could be any paranormal creature what would you be?
I'd want to be an elf. Not the cute little toy maker kind from the North Pole but the tall, thin, perfect hair and delicate feature kind from the Lord of the Rings. And I'd like the power to heal or soothe, as those elves do.

   What do you do when you’re not writing?
I have to keep up all the housework and chores I put aside while I'm writing. I also love to read. I think right now, I have forty seven books downloaded to my Nook waiting for me to read, twenty three waiting for me on Kindle, and twelve on my computer.

 Are any of your characters like you?
I think all of them have a bit or piece of me in them somewhere, a trait I either already have or wish I had. Anna's very much me after I graduated college and received my teaching license. She's filled with the desire to teach and also have her own life in order. That's very much me.

  Do you have a favorite quote from any of your book(s)?
I always love when my characters finally admit they are in love to the one they love. One of my favorite quotes then is from Anna, when she's speaking to a friend. "Sometimes the person you think is the safest is really the most dangerous." Anna isn't speaking about physical harm. She means emotionally. Robin was always emotionally safe for her. And now, he's not.

    If a movie or TV production company chose to produce your books into a series of shows or movies, who would your ideal cast be?
Gerald Butler would make the perfect Robin. His facial expressions, the way he speaks, his manners. Yep, Gerald is Robin.
   Anna's a bit harder. I actually think the actress who plays Molly on Sherlock, Louise Brealey would make a perfect Anna. Of course, she'd have to dye her hair blond.
      Doug would be portrayed by Justin Chambers who plays Doctor Alex Karev on Grey's Anatomy.



Wedding Belle Blues
Contemporary Romance
Breathless Press
Available at Publisher


What do you do when the woman you love is marrying the wrong man? Sabotage the wedding!
Anna is planning the perfect wedding, but she doesn't anticipate her future mother-in-law's offer of help' which translates into take over. Her groom-to-be avoids her and insists their growing problems are just 'bridal nerves'. Worst of all, her best friend, Robin, begins to act strange. Everyone around her has his or her own agenda. What's a girl to do when she begins to realize the perfect life she envisioned is all a lie?
Robin has two great loves in his life: his best friend Anna and his motorcycle. Not one to make a scene, he supports Anna in her plan to marry the wrong man and regrets she can't accept his 'dare devil' lifestyle. But when push comes to shove, he's more than willing to make the necessary sacrifice and prove he is the man she needs.
As the wedding date nears and plans shift into high gear, Robin and Anna grow closer and not just as friends. Each must decide what the perfect life truly means while trying to negotiate the maze of wedding plans, secrets, and hidden motives. Will someone be left singing the blues?

Teaser Excerpt:
"Chasing you would be a wasted effort." Robin waved the half eaten slice before he set the crust back in the box.
Anna slammed the lid on his hand. "What do you mean? I'm not worth the chase?"
"Hey, starving teacher here." He knocked on the inside of the box and glared at her. "And don't be ridiculous. Of course you're worth a chase, but even I can recognize a no win situation regardless if I can't fully give up on it or you."
"What's that supposed to mean?" He was hiding something, besides his hand in the box. "Robin?"
The liquid blue fire in his eyes singed her as he spoke. "I didn't give the let's-forget-this-ever-happened-and-just-be-friends speech. I didn't stay too afraid to see where our relationship might have gone. No win situation."
Stunned, she gaped at him. "I thought...but you never said...I mean, we'd..."
He just stared at her, face unmoving, his chest rising and falling as his breaths increased. He was, she realized, getting angrier by the second.
She swallowed and tried to find words, any words, to defuse the tension. "I couldn't bear to think of losing you as my friend. We did the best thing for us.""We did the best thing for you."
"But you...you agreed with me. You said you didn't want to risk our friendship either."
"What the hell could I say?" He shot to his feet, knocking the pizza box to the floor. "You didn't give me a choice. Either be your friend, only your friend, or leave your life."
"I never said we couldn't be friends or you had to leave my life." She whispered the words. Yet it had been close. The next morning, after one incredible night, she'd told him: Robin, we can't let this happen again. I love you, as a friend. I don't want to risk our friendship on meaningless sex. Let's just put it behind us and stay the way we were before it happened. That's all I can give you. Please? He'd agreed.
He paced in front of her. "Maybe it's not the correct time to bring all this up, but it needs to be said. The only reason I agreed was because it was what you wanted. The only reason. Because you asked."
No. This couldn't be happening, Robin saying everything she'd wanted to hear before she started dating Doug, before she'd accepted the ring. So Anna shied away from it, as she had then. "Tell me why you said 'Doug invited Kassie instead of you' in your shocked tone."
"Even now you won't face it." He muttered a curse which shocked her with the anger behind it. "Will you? You won't admit maybe we could have—"
"I faced it the morning after. I'm not an idiot, Robin. When you date a woman, it's like your skydiving adventures. You have a thrill, anything goes, and it's awesome and you're on the high of it all. Then you land and it's over. You never talk to the woman again, let alone have a friendship with her. I didn't want our friendship to be over. I still don't. I can't give more than I am. I can't."
"Why, Anna?" He stopped right in front of her, hands on his hips balled into fists. "Why can't you give more? Because of Doug Dufuss?"
"No. Because I can't just have sex with you and then watch you leave!"


Author bio:
Mia Epsilon lives with her enduring soul mate in the gorgeous Blue Ridge Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina, USA (where 'The Last of the Mohicans', 'Dirty Dancing' and 'The Hunger Games' were filmed). She's an avid reader of almost anything. She never misses an episode of Doctor Who or Sherlock and happily suffers a chocolate addiction. She can most often be found at her computer spinning new stories or in a quiet padded nook with her e reader.

Social and buy links:
Blog: miaepsilon.blogspot.com
Face Book: MiaEwrites
Twitter: Mia Epsilon @MiaEpsilon
Breathlesspress.com: http://www.breathlesspress.com/index.php?main_page=product_free_shipping_info&products_id=582
Amazon.com/author/miaepsilon: http://www.amazon.com/Mia-Epsilon/e/B00DQ61FRM
Good Reads: Mia Epsilon


No comments:

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...