Thursday, May 15, 2014

Talking with David Lancaster from Sam Singer's Envy



Please give a warm welcome David Lancaster from Envy by Sam Singer today as we sit down and see what makes him tick.

Q: So tell us about yourself. What got you in the crosshairs for your author?  I’m David.  I’m in my 40’s.  I’m a simple guy.  I try to work hard and take care of my beautiful sub, Kenneth.  As for how I got into Sam’s crosshairs…I dunno.  I think she just wanted to expose me a bit, not something I’m entirely comfortable with, but she knows what she’s doing I guess.

Q: What was it that drew you to your mate?  He was so beautifully broken when I made his acquaintance.  I was in a similar state and I was drawn to that.  I felt we could make each other whole.

Q: A little naughty fun, where was the wildest place you seduced your partner(s)?  To celebrate our first year together we went out to dinner.  The restaurant was posh and exclusive all during that dinner I made Kenneth was wearing a plug and each time he moved it would stimulate him.  It was a test of his control, you see.  Well, needless to say he passed and as a reward I took him into the restroom and allowed him release.  After we were done I made sure to tip the bathroom attendant handsomely.

Q: Boxers, briefs or Commando on a man? Commando…when I allow Kenneth to wear clothes, that is.

Q: If your partner wants to seduce you, what's one sure fire trick they can do to seduce you?  One rare occasions Kenneth with “misbehave” purposefully which leads to play and “punishment”. 

Q: What is the one place on your partner's body that you know will drive them wild-in and out of bed? Aside from the obvious places, Kenneth is very sensitive at the backs of his knees.  I love he have him spread out either in our bed or in the Playroom and torment that place with my fingers or other instruments of pleasure and watch him squirm and listen to the sounds he makes.

Q: What was one of the most embarrassing things your author did to you in Envy?   She made me have a very unflattering tantrum.  I was as sulky as a teenager.  Not a good light for a grown man to be seen in!

Thank you David for joining us on 'Meet the Character' day here at Dawn’s Reading Nook Blog. 

You can find all of Sam Singer’s books at JMS Books  and  Dreamspinner Press





Blurb:  What should be a relaxing dinner between friends turns tense when Dom David Lancaster begins to suspect his fragile sub Kenneth Michaels is longing to serve another. Dinner guest and fellow Dom Shawn Peters, who was instrumental in helping Kenneth escape from an abusive D/s relationship, has David fearing that gratitude and friendship have turned into something deeper.
As the evening wears on, the chemistry between Kenneth and Shawn is palpable and David's iron control slips. When Shawn and his sub depart and David and Kenneth are alone, David puts the question to his sub: Is Shawn the one he wants to serve? But is David prepared for Kenneth's answer?

Available at Publisher


Excerpt: “Hey.” David’s voice was short and sharp, like a paper cut, and Kenneth's attention snapped to the Dom. His big callused hands framed Kenneth’s face in a firm but tender grip. “You have done nothing wrong, understand? I wasn’t leaving because of you. I was leaving because I needed time to think.”
“Oh,” is all Kenneth said.
David released his hold on Kenneth’s face. He threaded his fingers through Kenneth’s hair, smiled, but it was a sad smile and the older man’s eyes were clouded. “C’m ‘ere.” He laced their fingers together and directed Kenneth sit on the sofa.
Kenneth did and David sat next to him. Kenneth folded his legs up underneath him and curled into David’s side. They sat like that for several long silent minutes. Now that Kenneth knew he wasn’t at fault, he could relax and let David have his thinking time. Kenneth thought as well.
He thought about when he and David first got together. Kenneth would flinch at every touch and fall over himself to quickly do what David asked so as to stave off any punishment. Even punishments are different. Kenneth's only punishment—much deserved for lying—had been a spanking. It had hurt, but the shame and remorse he felt for hurting David with his lie had hurt far more. Everything was so different now. He felt safe, loved, and cherished; like he was the most important thing in the world to David. He wanted to serve David, do everything he asked. David wouldn’t make him do anything he'd be uncomfortable with. He'd pushed Kenneth’s limits a few times, but never crossed them.
Kenneth was grateful to Shawn for introducing him to David. He still had doubts, though. If Kenneth were so perfect, as David always told him, why hadn’t David taken the next step? Why hadn’t David collared him? All through dinner, that subject had been on his mind, more so than usual because of Jason, pretty and perfect with his collar around his throat. Maybe it was because Kenneth and David weren’t 24/7 like Shawn and Jason are that David hadn’t offered him a collar. Their arrangement was pretty relaxed and mostly domestic. David asked for so little: a tidy home, good cooking, and control of their sex life. While he didn't dictate what Kenneth was allowed to do, Kenneth always had the option to say no. Shawn and Jason weren’t like that. Shawn’s word was law, as far as Jason was concerned, having given up his will completely to Shawn. That kind of trust and control was heady and erotic, but maybe ultimately not for himself and David. It startled Kenneth to realize he was okay with that.
“Are you happy?”
David’s gravelly voice stirred Kenneth from his thoughts. He lifted his head from David’s shoulder to gaze at him, confused.
“Are you happy, here, with me?”
Kenneth shook his head a little. David thought Kenneth wasn’t happy? Why would he think that? If Kenneth wasn’t happy, he would leave. He had the strength to leave, unlike when he was with Stephen—strength that David had given him. “Of course, I am. What makes you think I’m not?”
David looked at him with a cautious gaze, like he expected some sort of blow, which was ridiculous because Kenneth hated violence. David knew this. David sighed, scrubbed a hand down his neat beard. “I’m sorry I embarrassed you tonight in front of Shawn. The way you were looking at him—and Jason —just… It shook me.”
Kenneth was beyond confused. David seemed so vulnerable right now, like one word from Kenneth would shatter him. It startled him to see the other man with his control and dominance stripped away. At the same time, it honored Kenneth, the trust David showed by letting Kenneth see this side of his Dom.
“What are you talking about? How was I looking at Shawn?”
“Like you ached for him. Like you loved him.”
Kenneth was stunned. Did David think Kenneth didn’t love him? Kenneth opened his mouth to speak, but closed it when he realized that was exactly what David thought. Kenneth had no one else to blame for David’s line of thinking. In the year plus they had been together, Kenneth never told David he loved him.
“If…if he’s who you want, if he can make you happy, I’ll let you go.”




No comments:

New Release Spotlight: Kelli A. Wilkins' A Thousand Summer Secrets

  Hi everyone! I’m pleased to announce the release of my fourth gay romance, A Thousand Summer Secrets . This tender contemporary romanc...