Thursday, February 6, 2014

Talking with RJ Sable today

Please give a warm welcome to author RJ Sable as we talk about their new release, An Imperfect Circle.



Have you always wanted to be an author?
I actually never planned on it. I've always enjoyed reading and writing but it's always been quite a private thing. When I finished writing my first two books, I let my mum and a friend read them on a whim and they convinced me to take the plunge. I figured that if even one person enjoyed my stories then it was completely worth it. I've been thoroughly overwhelmed by the response.

Are you a plotter or a punster or combo of both? And you explain the difference?
Definitely a pantser. I tend to have a skeleton plot, as in I know roughly how the book starts and ends but when I plan scenes, I often find that it feels awkward because the characters don't fit what I have planned. I tend to just start writing with a vague idea in mind and see what the characters do, they usually sort themselves out.

What is your most interesting writing quirk?
I dream about my characters. Some if the scenes that feel most real to me are basically my dreams written down. This is why I knew  gad to have the Carter boys their own series; I still dream about their day to day lives on a regular basis.

Can you please tell us about your latest book(s)?
My latest book 'An Imperfect Circle' is the story of Karl and Elise. Karl is the second oldest brother and, if you've read any of my previous books, you'll know it can be hard to like him at times. This book gives us a bit of an insight into who he is and shows his softer side.

How did you come with the idea for this story?
The Carter boys have been fighting to get out of my head for a while. This book was the perfect way to explain their family history and introduce the fiery, no nonsense, red head that is Elise Belrose.

Can you share with us your current work(s) in progress?
I'm currently writing Craig Carter's book. He's a complicated guy and possibly one of my favourite brothers. I don't want to say too much as I've not finished writing it yet but his book may be a little hard to read at times I think, but he'll make it worth our while.

Who is the one author that you would love to meet someday and why?
Either Abbi Glines or Jodi Ellen Malpas. Two of my favourite authors because their characters are so well developed and their storylines rock.

What is the best piece of advice you would give to someone that wants to get into writing?
Be true to your characters and yourself and just go for it. What's the worst that could happen?

Can you share with us something off your bucket list?
I want to go bungee jumping. I can't believe I've never done it. Somebody might have to give me a helpful shove though.

What is in your To Read Pile that you are dying to start or upcoming release you can’t wait for?
There are so many! Next up is probably Cage by Harper Sloan. I loved Axel so I’m expecting more alpha male goodness.

What is one book everyone should read before they die?
Any Tolkien book. I can't even begin to imagine how one goes about creating an alternative world. He was so thorough and detailed that it blows my mind.

What is your favorite time of year & why?
Autumn, I love crisp leaves crunching underfoot.

Who is your Celebrity crush? And what would you do if you ever meet them?
I'm rubbish at knowing celebrities names. I do quite like Chris Hemsworth, I could lose a month with that man after I got past the fangirling.

Is there anything else you would like to add?
Just thank you for having me!


About An Imperfect Circle


"What do you do when the boy who rescues the last remnants of your soul rejects what’s left straight afterwards? You move on. That’s what you do. I’m not the sort of girl who sits on the sofa with a bucket of ice cream mourning over anything.
Especially not over a boy."

Sixteen year old Ellie Belrose has spent the last five years rebuilding her life after something she'd rather forget. She's finally getting somewhere but, when a figure from her past makes an unwanted reappearance in her life, she's forced to confront her demons.

Karl Carter is fascinated by Ellie the moment he sees her but he doesn't realise she's Elise. His Elise. He never forgot her and still isn't willing to - despite her insistence.

The two of them are stubborn, angry at the world, and sparks fly when they come together. Can they help each other move on from the past or will they drag each other back there?



No comments:

New Release Spotlight: Kelli A. Wilkins' A Thousand Summer Secrets

  Hi everyone! I’m pleased to announce the release of my fourth gay romance, A Thousand Summer Secrets . This tender contemporary romanc...