Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Welcome Mychael Black Today

It doesn't matter what this author writes about, I am one of the first to grab Mychael's books. Why you may ask? Because there is something that this author has in their storylines, regardless if it is m/m, m/f, paranormal, fantasy, etc, that draws me like a moth to the flame. Please give a warm welcome to author Mychael Black and I can attest that this author has something for everyone to enjoy!

Serial Addiction by Mychael Black 

I admit it. I have an incredible weakness for series. Be it reading or writing, I’m wholeheartedly addicted to them. As a reader, I get deeply involved with the stories and the characters: Josh Lanyon’s Adrien English books and his Dangerous Ground series, Sean Michael’s Jarheads books, Abigail Roux’s Cut & Run series, Lynn Flewelling’s Nightrunner books. The list goes on and on and on…

Come to think of it, it’s the same for books--even my own.

I’ve come to the conclusion that I simply can’t write a non-series book. Maybe it’s because I fall in love with my own guys and their stories. Or maybe it’s because they simply won’t shut up. Either way, 2014 is going to be full of series books for me.

I’m nearing the end of one series (Clutch Wars). Book 3--Sub Rosa--is due out in a couple weeks. Book 4 will be the final one. Then I’ll be starting a new series for Changeling Press, one centered around gaming (PC gaming, to be exact) titled DungeonCrawl.

Next up is the start of a brand new series, Shadowkings, with Torquere Press. Book 1--The Beginning--is coming out at the end of January. Book 2 is in the brainstorming stages. I also have book 3 of the Arcanum series to finish--Someone Like You.


April sees the end of a beloved series, though: Secrets of Socendor. I’m going to miss the guys, but they’ll always be a part of me. Although the land of Socendor is done, it is but a single continent in a massive world. There are other lands to explore, one of which is hinted at in Retribution--book 3 of the series.

I’ve had books that I never intended to be anything more than single titles, but, of course, the characters promptly took over and changed plans on me. It happened with my Hearth & Home guys, and it happened to me and Shayne with the Romanorum books, starting with The Prince’s Angel.

So…yeah. I have no qualms calling it an addiction.


About Mychael…

Call me Katherine or Mychael--I'll answer to both. I'm a mother, partner, student, author by trade, and editor by compulsion. I've been in the publishing business for several years, namely as a writer but also as an editor on occasion. It never fails, though. I always end up editing eventually.

I'm a proud bibliophile, to which my poor sagging bookcases can attest. I read all the time, namely fantasy and romance.

When not writing or reading or editing, I...eat. Maybe sleep. Or watch Spongebob. Yes. I am a self-proclaimed, thirty-something year old Spongebob Squarepants addict. Much to my partner's dismay. It's fun.

If you're curious about what I write (and who wouldn't be?!), then you can find me below:

http://www.mychaelblackbooks.com/
http://www.mychaelblackbooks.com/category/blog/
http://www.facebook.com/mychael.black

https://twitter.com/kjohnson1976

1 comment:

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa

  Check out Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa today and make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway as the author is giving one lucky perso...