Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Welcome Tyler Robbins today


Welcome to my Reading Nook, Tyler Robbins. Please make yourself at home and let my cabana boys get you a drink.

Comfortable? Wonderful. Now let’s get started.

To get us started can you tell us a little about what you are working on or have coming out?
I’ve taken a little break between releases, so my next one won’t be until January 2014 as part of an anthology, Alpha’s Claim: Manlove Edition from Evernight Publishing. My wolf-shifter story is titled, The Becoming.

 If we asked your muse to describe you using five words, what do you think they would say?
Unorganized, dedicated, loyal, mischievous, wicked

Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.
I have an irrational fear of heights. Even just thinking about it makes me nauseous.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
In a log cabin somewhere in the mountains of New Mexico, Colorado or Nevada.

If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?
One of my favorite books to write was “A Beautiful Lie” because it’s set in my hometown, on the very lake where I currently reside. I enjoyed reliving childhood memories as I recreated the world where my two heroes lived.

Where do you find the inspirations for your stories?
Several of my stories are inspired by songs. The idea of “A Beautiful Lie” came from “Some Nights”, by FUN.
“Aftermath: Guts and Glory” came to me while listening to “I Drive Your Truck”, by Lee Brice.

Are your characters able to love or do they need to be taught?
Most of my characters are quite capable of loving, but some have trouble believing it’s okay to do so. Gay romance isn’t as cut and dry as other genres because of the social repercussions most couples in mainstream romance never have to face.

Do you have a book that was easiest to write or one that was the hardest?
My new story coming in January, “The Becoming”, was the easiest to write, but only because of the shorter length.
“Beyond Honor” was the most difficult because it was my first attempt at M/M romance and I wrote it as a favor to friends who have strong military ties. I didn’t want to get it wrong.

 If you could collaborate with one author who would it be? 
I would love to collaborate with my beta-reader and sister from another mister, author Avril Ashton.
I’d love to co-write a M/M themed story about a southern boy who moves to New York City to start a new life and finds love with a bad-boy in Brooklyn.
I think “A Cowboy in Brooklyn” sounds awesome!!  J

Coffee, tea or other drink to get you moving in the morning? 
Coffee, coffee and when it’s cold outside, definitely coffee!!

What is coming up from you in 2013? Anything you want to tease us with?
As I said before, “The Becoming” will be out in January. If all goes well, it will be the first in a new M/M series about wolf-shifters set in Texas titled, “Call of the Wolf.”
The second book, “The Promising” is almost finished.
I also have two other stand-alone, full-length stories I hope to submit very soon.

Anything else you want to add? 
Find me on Facebook and Twitter. I’d love to connect with you.


The Becoming
Coming January 2014 from Evernight Publishing
Paranormal M/M

Every year, wolf packs along the Texas Gulf Coast gather for what is known as the becoming. A ceremony where young adult shifters transition into their wolf form for the first time and when each wolf’s spirits selects their destined mate.

As the son of an alpha, Josh Spinner has dreaded this day ever since he first realized he was gay, but planned to go through with the becoming, denying his true self forever.

Braden Scott, the only son of an exiled omega wolf, has lived in the shadows of shame since his father’s banishment before he was even born. The becoming was his only shot of ever being accepted into the fold.
Neither man expected their undeniable attraction and neither are prepared for the fallout that follows.

Natural selection separates the men from the boys, but destiny seals their fate.   

Adult Excerpt:
Braden followed him for several minutes until the light from the campfires faded into the darkness behind them. Out of breath and feeling like he was about to come out of his own skin, he backed off. “I’m just trying to figure it out, man.”
In an instant, Josh stopped, turned on his heel and charged at Braden, slamming him against a tree.
Braden’s heart jumped and his cock thumped the second he felt Josh’s erection pressing against his hip.
“Leave me the fuck alone.”
Braden drew in a deep breath to calm himself. “Why?”
Josh’s nostrils flared and he seemed to search Braden’s eyes. The tight strain on his brow loosened with each passing second and he slowly released the intimidating hold on Braden. “Because you’re gonna fuck everything up.”
Confused, Braden reached out and gripped Josh’s shoulder. “I didn’t do anything.”
Josh’s gaze drifted down to Braden’s mouth and he licked his lips. “I’ve never—”
“So you do feel it?”
Josh pushed away. “My whole fucking life I’ve waited to feel … that. Whatever it was.”
“I have, too.”
Josh’s chest rose and fell and his expression twisted. “They won’t allow it.”
“You don’t know that.”
He shook his head. “Yeah, I do.”
“Are there rules?”
“Rules?” Josh stepped back and laughed sarcastically. “Some rules are the same in all societies, shifter and human.”
Braden reached out for him, unable to go another second without touching the other man. “I have to know.”
“Know what?”
“This.” He grabbed Josh by the collar of his shirt and jerked him near. “I gotta know, even if it’s just one time, how it feels to be true to myself.”
Josh closed his eyes, his nostrils flared wide and his hands trembled as he grasped Braden’s shoulder.
Braden’s shaky exhale echoed between them and he inched closer until he could literally taste Josh’s breath. “Gotta—”
Josh’s mouth engulfed his and Braden whimpered from the rush of emotions bombarding his entire body like hot coals from a raging fire zapping out one by one, torpedoing his skin, inch by glorious inch.
Braden wrapped his tongue around Josh’s and sucked it into his mouth, deeper and deeper, as if consuming the other man would satisfying his insatiable appetite for more. He jammed his hardened cock against Josh’s and dry humped him through their jeans. “Feels so right.”

Links:
Evernight Publishing Home Page:

Amazon Author Page:



Author Bio:

Tyler Robbins is the pen name of author Robin Badillo, who lives in a small Texas town and is the mother of four nearly grown kids, two boys and two girls.
Tyler enjoys stepping out of her comfort zone and pushes the envelope on the stories she writes every chance she gets. She hopes her readers are just as thrilled as she is with the chances she’s taking.
Always the optimist, Tyler is a firm believer that grey hair is merely God’s graffiti!
                                                   

No comments:

Discover Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash

  Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash (Howling Death MC) Publication date: March 29th 2024 Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance   Synopsis: If the...