Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Welcome Melissa Keir

 Thank you Dawn for having me on your blog. *waves at readers* I’m so glad to meet all of you!

To get us started can you tell us a little about what you are working on or have coming out? I am working on a brand new story about a teacher who has a one night stand with a parent of one of her students. I’m also working on another Wilder Sister Series book and the second book in the Pigg Detective Agency. With school out, I’ve got more time to write! I’m so excited to get back into swing into writing.

How would you describe yourself using only five words? Sassy, silly, sweet, shy, and loving

Do you have any guilty pleasures? I’m addicted to lipstick. I know that sounds silly. But where some women love to have a million pairs of shoes, I have to have lipstick. I’m also horribly addicted to pets. If I could, I would have a zoo. Luckily for me, hubby is better at keeping me in line with pets. Maybe he figures that I can have the lipstick rather than the pets since the lipstick is cheaper.


If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why? I would recommend that they start with Forever Love. It is the first of the Wilder Sisters series and a book that introduces readers to the Wilder family and Amherst, Ohio. It is also one of my favorite stories about a high school couple who find each other again as adults.

Where do you find the inspirations for your stories? My inspiration comes from the world around me. I am a big people watcher. I love to take snippets from conversations overheard around me or my own experiences.

If you could collaborate with one author who would it be? There are so many wonderful authors that I’d love to work with! Liz Crowe is one of my favorite authors. I feel like I could learn so much from her. Lacey Wolfe has a similar style and I think our books would complement each other’s. I love Rebecca Royce’s world building and know that she would teach me a lot about writing. These are just a few of the many authors I’d love to work with. I could take up pages of names!

If you had a reporter follow you around for the day, what would the readers get to see in your daily schedule?  It would depend on which job I was doing. If it was during the school year, they would see me teaching from 7:30 am (getting ready for the kids) until 4:30 pm. But if it’s during the summer, I usually get up by 8 am and go online to check emails and comment on blogs. Then I try to get some writing or promoting done. I like to break for snack and lunch. If I have time or energy, I try to get some cleaning done during the day as well. I make dinner for my family and then head back to the computer for more work.

What do you feel is the most important thing that a first-time author should know?  I know it sounds cliché, but to never give up. If they really want to be an author, they have to keep trying. Write every day and keep learning. If I gave up or listened to the naysayers, I wouldn’t be where I am today.





Three’s a Crowd by Melissa Keir
Blurb:
For Lissa, the second time at love was a charm but in marriage, three’s a crowd.

Single mother Lissa Vincent found her soul mate in her best friend’s ex-husband. Alex Hunter couldn’t believe his fortune when his ex-wife told him her best friend was available. After divorce, finding love again could be a challenge but it appeared Alex and Lissa had gotten lucky. Yet as they start their lives as newlyweds, Alex and Lissa don’t realize just how difficult it might be to blend a family.

When Alex’s ex new marriage begins to unravel, she sets her sights again on Alex. Does Alex still have feelings for the mother of his child? Will Lissa keep her best friend or lose her husband?

Fairytales promise a happily-ever-after. But what really happens after the after.

EXCERPT #1:
Sipping a glass of ice water while I waited, I looked forward to seeing Chloe. We’d been co-workers and friends for years.
When Chloe walks in, I watch as all the men’s heads turn to stare as she approached our table. Her beauty always drew gazes and left me feeling like a weed planted next to a stunning flower.
After Chloe and I make a bit of small talk and order, I ask the question I’ve been dying to ask since I ended our phone call. “What is going on, Chloe? What can I do to help?”
“Mike’s quit his job at the college and decided to open his own catering business and the stress of having no money coming in is taking its toll on us. All we do is fight. I can’t stand that I have no say in how our money is spent. Would you believe he bought a delivery truck for his business but hasn’t even gotten the brakes fixed on my car?”
“I’m sorry, Chloe. What does Mike say when you talk to him about this?”
“He really doesn’t understand. He has stars in his eyes about what the future holds and can’t see what’s happening right in front of his face. My salary is the only thing paying the bills. With the way Mike’s spending money, it’s going out as fast as it’s coming in. You know, Lissa. You’re so lucky to have Alex. He’s a wonderful provider. What I wouldn’t give to have him back in my life.”
Ouch. Chloe’s words hurt. I knew Alex was a wonderful husband, but he was mine now. Was she really indicating she wanted him back?
“Alex is a fabulous husband, father, and friend. I’m lucky to be his wife.” Needing to establish my territory, I made sure to point out Alex was mine.
“Yes, he is. I’d give anything to have him back. Just to make it clear, if you ever hurt him or let him go, I’m going to be right there to pick up the pieces. After all, we have a child together. We’ll always be in each other’s lives.”
“Well, Alex is very happy and I’ll do anything to keep him that way.”
The rest of lunch passed in a blur. I couldn’t keep my mind off her ultimatum. Maybe Chloe was just reacting to all the problems in her own marriage by lashing out at me. I was willing to give her the benefit of doubt. However, all I wanted to do was to escape the original lunch from hell and get home to Alex to reassure myself of his love. For me.

Excerpt #2:
“Hi, honey. I’m home.” I called as I entered the house. The boys were spending the night with their father but I could see Alex was on the phone and he quickly waved me toward him. Sitting down next to him on the couch, I listened patiently, curious as to what was going on.
“Yes, I suppose we can switch days for Joe to come over. I’m sorry things are that way at your house. Joe’s always welcome here. Just let me know what I can do to help.” Chloe. Frowning, I listened for more. “Mike seems like a great guy. If you two are having issues, maybe you can talk to a counselor or something. Let me know what I can do to help. I’m always willing to listen. Bye.”
“What’s going on? Your conversation seemed pretty edgy.”
“She and Mike are having issues. She thinks he might be having an affair. She wants us to get Joe early and maybe keep him a few days extra so she can spend some time with Mike and try to talk things through. She doesn’t want to put Joe in the middle. You know how he feels about Mike.”
“I’m sorry to hear it. She mentioned the stress to me at lunch yesterday but nothing about an affair. I didn’t want to bring it up to you or share things I shouldn’t. The boys love spending time with him and it’ll be good for Joe to spend more time with you.”
Alex put his arm around me and kissed me softly. “You’re wonderful, Lissa. I know this will take more work on your part, but I really appreciate how you’re willing to do anything for my son.”
“I love Joe, you know that. But honestly, I’m worried about something. Chloe seems to want to rely on you for support. I don’t want you to get caught in the middle of their issues. The other day at lunch, she told me how much she still cares for you and warned me away from you. It was uncomfortable.”
“Lissa, I love you. Not Chloe. You have nothing to worry about.” Taking my face in his hands, he kissed me deeply and made me forget all of my worries. “Let me show you how much you mean to me.” Alex picked me up and carried me to the couch. Undressing me slowly, he worshiped my figure with his mouth, making me cry out in passion. Then he moved me to our bed and showed me again, this time with his hard body, just how much he loved me.

Buy Links:



As a writer, Melissa likes to keep current on topics of interest in the world of writing.  She’s a member of the Romance Writers of America and EPIC.  Melissa is always interested in improving her writing through classes and seminars.  She also believes in helping other authors and features authors and their books on her blog.

Melissa doesn’t believe in down time.  She’s always keeping busy.  Melissa is a wife and mother, an elementary school teacher, a book reviewer, an editor for a publishing company as well as an author. Her home blends two families and is a lot like the Brady Bunch, without Alice- a large grocery bill, tons of dirty dishes and a mound of laundry. She loves to write stories that feature “happy endings” and is often found plotting her next story.

This is what readers are saying about Melissa’s books:

Amazon 5 star review for Second Time’s the Charm- “Such a sweet and heart warming story. As I read it, and the details unfolded, I was engrossed to see if that I thought was going to happen, would really happen.” – Lacey Wolfe, Romance Author.

Barnes and Nobel 5 star review for Protecting His Wolfe- Great read. I couldn't put it down. I really liked the characters, especially Betsie and the Pigg brothers. A love story with suspense and surprise.” – Anonymous

Melissa loves hearing from readers!
http://www.facebook.com/melissaakeir
http://www.facebook.com/AuthorMelissaKeir (fan page)

No comments:

Discover Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash

  Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash (Howling Death MC) Publication date: March 29th 2024 Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance   Synopsis: If the...