Thursday, May 23, 2013

Welcome Hazel St. James Today

Welcome tot he Reading Nook Blog Hazel St. James...please make yourself comfortable and let's get down to it...


If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?  That is a wonderful question, and really depends upon what the reader is into.  The “Learning To Let Go” series has a variety of core subjects.  If you are into BDSM, then start with “Just One Night” which is the prequel to the entire series.  It is more sensual submission than hard core submission and then Sara’s story travels through the rest of the books until she finds her one true love.  If you are into more contemporary romance, then start with “Let Me Fly.”  That story has some light discipline scenes, but is certainly not BDSM themed.  Bryn and Charlie’s relationship is fun and hot, and Charlie is, of course, all alpha male!

Is there something special you do to celebrate when one of your books is released?  YES!  I typically only get three to four hours of sleep a night, so that is my treat on release day.  I go to bed at the same time as my kids do, and ignore the phone, facebook and email!

If you could collaborate with one author who would it be?  Well, I am in love with Lexi Blake and her menage stories.  But I will be working with a new author early in 2014 on Dominic’s story…more information will be coming on that!

What is the strangest source of writing inspiration you’ve ever had?  Most of my writings come from my own life.  I honestly have had to deal with some serious issues of my own over the course of my thirty-five years on this planet, and have quite the collection of heartbreak to share.  But, honestly, I am a people person and a talker.  I actually listen when people talk to me, and I usually end up with a new character or two running through my brain every day.  So, if you talk to me at the post office, better watch out!  You might be in my next story!

If your muse were to talk behind your back, what secrets would they tell?  Jon Doliana is my real life muse for “Be Your Everything”, but we have never physically met.  We spend most of our time skyping, emailing and texting.  One secret that he knows about me is:  I swear worse than he does and he is in the Navy!  But I don’t know that is really a secret.  Otherwise, the muses in my mind?  They would tell you that I sing…a lot!

Are your characters able to love or do they need to be taught?  Need to be taught…every single one of them!

About Be Your Everything by Hazel St. James

Life is slowly returning to normal for Darrin James now that his short relationship with Sara, the daughter of his mentor, is over.  The headstrong former Navy Corpsman, A strange chain of events puts Darrin, a headstrong former Navy Corpsman, directly into the path of Becca Breyton, an open-minded, straightforward free spirit from the big city. Not able to handle the mental anguish from a horrific attack in Afghanistan, Darrin has learned to shut off and hide everything that might cause him pain. His mind starts dredging up those long-forgotten memories and puts them in the forefront of his mind again.  All of this leaves Darrin trying to handle a relationship for the first time in his entire life, while he works on dealing with his past that he just wants to forget. Can Darrin let Becca inside his walls so that they have a chance at staying together? Is his emotional pain more than either one of them can handle?

Buy links coming soon

Where to find the Author:

Prize Info:
Hazel is giving away one ecopy of "Be Your Everything" at each stop of the tour. She is also giving away a $25 Amazon Gift Card to one grand prize winner. 

Leave a comment for the daily prize along with your email address to be in the running for the e-copy plus don't forgett o fill out the raffelcopter below for entries in the grand prize.


5/20
Coffee Beans and Love Scenes

5/21
Delighted Reader

5/22
Abigail Book Addiction

5/23
Dawn's Reading Nook

5/24
Harlie's Books
Accolades and Book Burnings

1 comment:

andieleah said...

I see an ugly cry in my future...added to my tbr

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...