Saturday, April 6, 2013

Welcome Diane Leyne today


Welcome to my Reading Nook, Diane Leyne. Please make yourself at home and let my cabana boys/girls get you a drink.

Comfortable? Wonderful. Now let’s get started.

To get us started can you tell us a little about what you are working on or have coming out?  Hey, Dawn.  After publishing two stand alone books, I'm excited that my Club Libertine series is now coming out.  And I've just begun work on a shape series.  So many books to write, so little time.

How would you describe yourself using only five words?  Easy going, intense, optimistic, contradictions

Do you have any guilty pleasures?  Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey ice cream and books, books, books.  I love to read!

If we asked your muse to describe you using five words, what do you think they would say?  Slow to plan, fast to write (sorry, that's six words)

Name one thing readers would be surprised to know about you.
  Once I have the plot straight in my head, I write like it's being dictated.  If I'm not interrupted, and the plot is clear to me, I've been known to do 10,000 words at one sitting.    Of course, I'm exhausted and burnt out for a few days afterwards.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?   Right where I am now, Toronto.  But I'd like  winter place somewhere warmer!  :)

How do you get yourself in the mood to write?  I do a lot of thinking about the plot.  I may only thing through the next couple of chapters, but when I have them straight in my head, I just start writing.  I never plan all the way to the end, because sometimes characters have a mind of their own, but I like to sketch out a few chapters at a time.

If someone hasn't read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why?   Changing the Rules.  I think it's a good introduction to the kind of books I write, and I would hope it would peak their interest in the other books in the series.


Where do you find the inspirations for your stories?  I read a lot.  Books, magazines, newspapers, web sites.  I get a lot of ideas from what's in the news and pop culture.

Are your characters able to love or do they need to be taught?  I like characters who have it in them to love, but are afraid to let themselves for some reason.  That gives the plot it's main conflict. 

Do you have a book that was easiest to write or one that was the hardest?   The easiest was actually the last one in the Club Libertine Series.  I wasn't even going to write Kris's story, but she insisted and it flowed.  The hardest is the one I'm trying to write now.  It's the second book in a new series, and I know my heroine, but I'm still trying to understand my heroes and I have to do that before I can start writing.

 If you could collaborate with one author who would it be?   Joss Whedon.  I think he's a genius.

Coffee, tea or other drink to get you moving in the morning?   I'm one of the 10% who aren't really effected by caffeine.  I drink water at work, and then Diet Coke in the evenings.

What is coming up from you in 2013? Anything you want to tease us with?  Even Dom's get lonely.  The six Dom's who own Club Libertine just want subs of their own.  Read about the search for love and submission in the Club Libertine series (7 books coming out between March 21st through July at Siren Bookstrand.

Anything else you want to add?   Please look me up and leave me a comment on Facebook and check out my books at Bookstrand.

Teaser Excerpt from Changing the Rules, Club Libertine Series Book One
Siren-Bookstrand Publishing
Erotic Consensual BDSM Ménage a Trois Romance, M/F/M, public exhibition, flogging, whipping, sex toys, HEA
Buy at Siren

At twenty-one, Michelle Edwards loved her boyfriend Mac Whelan and his best friend Sean O'Mally. The three of them lived happily together until one night, Mac invited Sean to join them in a ménage. Michelle enjoyed it, but because of her upbringing, her feelings scared her and she ran away from the men she loved.
Ten years later, to pay a debt and save her grandparents' home, Michelle reluctantly agrees to be their sub for a month. The sex is hot, but the men hold her at a distance, especially Mac. And something else has changed. The men are now Doms at the city's notorious Club Libertine and expect her complete submission.
She realizes quickly that she still loves them, but do they just want revenge because she left them, or is there a chance for all three of them to be happy again?
Excerpt:
It was like the years fell away. Her stomach gave a flip. She was in the same room with the only two men she had ever loved. They probably still hated her for walking out the way she did, but she had been young and scared. Ten years was a long time. Could they still be interested? But if they weren’t, why get her out here? Maybe…
Mac sat behind the desk and opened the file and waited.
She recognized the tactic. Always get the other guy to speak first. She sat back and waited. And practiced deep breathing exercises. As she half expected, both men’s eyes were drawn to her torso. Damn, she should have worn one of her sexy bras that emphasized her assets, rather than the minimizing one, but then her silk tank and suit jacket wouldn’t fit right.
She waited.
Mac glared at her. Sean smiled. It seemed their personalities hadn’t changed.
Mac flipped through the papers in the file. He schooled his expression to neutrality, but Michelle thought she could see a hint of pain. Did he miss her? What that why he’d had her come here? Did he want to try again? But why wait ten years? And why did he lend her sister so much money?
He skipped the preliminaries and got straight to the point. “Your sister borrowed money from me, Michelle. She signed two promissory notes over the last year. The first one is due today. The other is due in thirty days. Collateral was a farm in the names of Jacob and Martha Edwards.” His tone was cool, almost cold as if he were talking to an acquaintance about the weather and not to a woman he used to love about a debt that could bankrupt her.
“Yes, they are my grandparents. Why did you lend Serena the money? She’s barely out of school. You knew she probably couldn’t repay it. Besides, since when does the Whelan company handle loans? Expanding?” She realized she was babbling, but she was nervous seeing the only two men she had ever loved again. She was looking for a sign about their feelings for her. Did they hate her for running out like a coward all those years ago? Had they forgiven her?
“The loan was personal, not through the company. It seems your grandparents got behind on their bank loan for the farm. And then the local bank was bought out by a bigger one, which eventually went bust. The loan was bought up by a lender whose sole purpose was to liquidate everything. They couldn’t pay, so Serena came to the only person she knew with that kind of money. Me.”
“Why did my grandparents need a loan? And why didn’t they come to me? And how did she even know you?”
Sean spoke. “She was your younger sister. We kept an eye on her. Gave her a summer job with Whelan.” Her eyes widened. “No. Relax.” His tone was bitter. “No, we didn’t fuck your sister.”
“There’s only one Edwards sister we’ve had our cocks in,” Mac added crudely causing her to blush.
Well, she had her answer. They were mad. Now she was really nervous bordering on scared. Why had they brought her here? If they wanted simple revenge, they just needed to foreclose on the farm. It would kill her grandparents and destroy her. But if it was only revenge they wanted, why wait ten years? Surely they would have done something years ago, if that was what they wanted.
“The loan initially was to pay for your law school and Serena’s university. Serena had come home for Thanksgiving, but you were still at school struggling with a punishing course load, and unable to visit. She read the threatening letters from the bank, and she badgered the grandparents into explaining. They begged her not to tell you. They knew how hard you were working and how close to graduation you were.”
“They should have told me. I’d have found another way to pay or transferred to a cheaper school.” The tears spilled down her face. “Why didn’t they tell me?”
Sean handed her a tissue.
“They planned to, once you graduated. They knew once you were working, you would help with the payments, but with the bank failure, they ran out of time. So Serena came to me. I paid off the loan, and now the farm is mine if I don’t get my money. We structured the debt into two promissory notes. The first one comes due today in the amount of $25,000. The remainder is due in thirty days.”
“How much in total?”
“Two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.”




No comments:

Discover Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash

  Cursed Wolf by Sophie Ash (Howling Death MC) Publication date: March 29th 2024 Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Romance   Synopsis: If the...