Thursday, December 13, 2012

Under the Covers with Sean Michael and his hero, Slayde


Please give a warm welcome to Slayde from Mannies Incorporated by Sean Michael today as we sit down and see what makes him tick.

Q: So tell us about yourself. What got you in the cross hairs for your author?

Me? I'm one of those unique men. I'm happy. I love life, I love my folks, I love my job, the kids I care for, my friends. My life is great. Sean couldn't resist me.

Q: What was it that drew you to your mate?

Fate. Fate and his butt. Fate, his butt, and the way he dances...

Q: A little naughty fun, where was the wildest place you seduced your partner?

The backyard, when he was still passing for straight.

Q: Boxers, briefs or Commando on a man?

Boxer briefs for me, please and thank you.

Q: If your partner wants to seduce you, what's one sure fire trick he can play?

Uh... usually a quick 'wanna fuck' works. Hard to get is not one of my character traits...

Q: What is the one place on your partner's body that you know will drive them wild-in and out of bed?

My Drake, he likes kisses. Long ones. Slow ones. Hard ones. Private ones.

Q: What was one of the most embarrassing thing your author did to you in Mannies Incorporated?

Send me a grumpy passing for straight cop who eats Twinkies. TWINKIES.

Q: Anything else you would like to add?

Come learn more about me and Drake on December 19 in Mannies Incorporated.

Thank you, Slayde, for joining us on 'Meet the Character' day here at Dawn’s Reading Nook Blog. Please find Mannies Incorporated by Sean Michael at Torquere Press on December 19.

Mannies Incorporated

Slayde's got the best job on earth: he's a nanny to servicewoman and widow Mindy's three kids. He's been with the family since the oldest was born and is Uncle Slayde to all three children. When Mindy's deployed, things aren't easy, but he manages just fine. At least he does until Mindy's brother Drake shows up unexpectedly, announcing he's there to help while Mindy is gone.

Drake is almost a stranger to the kids, hot as hell, especially in his motorcycling leathers, and straighter than straight. At least that's what Slayde keeps telling himself. So why does Drake make a pass at him? And what would happen if Slayde accepted?

Excerpt:

"Uncle Slayde?"

"Yes, Christian?" God, he had a headache.

"The baby colored on the table."

"Well, good thing it washes, huh?" He ruffled Christian's -- not Chris, his name was not Chris, thank you very much -- hair and headed into the kitchen. Maggie was in her booster seat coloring away while Jenny was busily eating her blue crayon. It was a good thing they were non-toxic, too. "Out of your mouth, Jenny girl. Maggie, on the paper, not the table. Christian, do you want to color, too?"

"Coloring's for girls."

"It is? Nonsense. Art is amazing. Your other options at the moment at reading at the table, PlayDoh, or practicing your writing. I need to clean up the kitchen and start lunch."

Then they were all taking a nap so that Slayde could sit for five minutes and go through all the mail, the bills. Good thing he loved Mindy and her kids, or he'd run screaming into the night.

A racket sounded outside. Maybe a motorcycle. After it stopped, there was a knock at the door.

"Christian, can you please keep an eye on your sisters? I need to answer the door."

"Yes, Uncle Slayde."

He went to the door, opening it to a stud in leather. "Can I help you?" Lick you all over? Direct you to
Austin?

"It's Slayde, right?"

"Yes, sir." He held firm to the door. No way he was letting this guy in, no matter how hot the guy was.

The guy put his hands on his hips. Shit, he was amazing. "Drake
Baltimore. Mindy's baby brother. Are you going to let me in?"

"Nope. Do you have any ID?" He'd never met Drake, somehow. The man tended to visit when he was on vacation.

"Excuse me?"

"ID. Identification. Driver's license. Military ID. Something with your picture and your name and some way to prove you are you." Slayde wouldn't risk these babies.

The guy stared at him for a long moment before pulling out a wallet from his back pocket, opening it and holding it up to his face. "Happy now?"

"Well, no, but you're Drake. How can I help you?"

Coming December 19 from www.torquerebooks.com

1 comment:

Katherine Halle said...

I'm so excited for this one to come out :D

New Release Spotlight: The Good Ones are Taken

  THE GOOD ONES ARE TAKEN Author: Taj McCoy ISBN: 9780778305422 Publication Date: Publisher: MIRA 18.99 US | 23.99 CAN   When Magg...