Monday, October 8, 2012

Welcome SJD Peterson and her hero,Jess Jenkins


Please give a warm welcome to Jess Jenkins from Jess’s Journey by SJD Peterson today as we sit down and see what makes him/her tick.

Q: So tell us about yourself. What got you in the crosshairs for your author? Well, I’m just an average kind of guy, from a small town in Pegasus Oklahoma. I met Lorcan James when he first came to town and it was love/lust at first sight. I was the guy who sort of screwed up Lorcan and Quinn’s happily ever after for a while. Okay so that was also Quinn’s fault, but that’s all in the past now.

Q: What was it that drew you to your mate? I have a mate? How fricken cool is that? I sound like an alpha wolf or something. I think I would make a great shifter. (How was that for avoiding the question?)

Q: A little naughty fun, where was the wildest place you seduced your partner(s)? I don’t seduce, I get seduced.

Q: Boxers, briefs or Commando on a man? Silk boxers for sure.

Q: If your partner wants to seduce you, what's one sure fire trick he/she can play? If my partner can look at all of me and still be turned on, I’m all his. I have some body image insecurities due to the accident. My legs are pretty mangled and ….  Well, when he can touch and explore those and still want me, yeah I pretty much melt.

Q: What is the one place on your partner's body that you know will drive them wild-in and out of bed? He’s pretty easy to drive wild. All I have to do is look at him, dimples on display and wink and he’s ready to throw me down. He’s a very visual kind of guy. But, if I had to pick one spot….hmmm….I’d have to say, the little spot just below his ear.

Q: What was one of the most embarrassing thing your author did to you in Jess’s Journey? I was left in a wheelchair after my accident so I’ve had quite a few embarrassing moments. Struggling to get around the ranch, taking a piss on my own, but I really wish what happened in the bathroom had ended up on the editing floor. Lying on the floor with your pants around your knees and unable to get up, was a little hard for me ego to take.

Q: Anything else you would like to add? I’m a lot different from what people remember. Constant pain, misery and nearly dying can do that to a guy. I’m not making any excuses for my behavior, but I hope people cut me a little slack, I had a hell of a journey to endure.

Thank you Jess for joining us on 'Meet the Character' day here at Dawn’s Reading Nook Blog. Please find Jess’s Journey by SJD Peterson at Dreamspinner Press.



Jess's Journey by SJD Peterson
Buy Link: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3261

Sequel to Conner's Courage
Whispering Pines Ranch: Book Five

At an early age, Jess Jenkins learned to take care of his family and friends and put their needs before his own. He dreamed of finding the same simple happiness his parents had and followed their example. Then Lorcan James broke his heart and an automobile accident broke his independent spirit. Now that’s all Jess is: a broken shadow of the man he used to be, still confined to a wheelchair after six months.

Jess is finally forced to put himself first and accept the help he needs on his journey toward recovery. Though pain, frustration, and depression leave him bitter and eager to push people away, his friends refuse to allow him to wallow in self-pity. Jack has only glimpsed the man beneath Jess’s angry shell, but he takes it upon himself to prove Jess isn’t broken. And Collin is determined to bring back the sweet man he once knew. The simple, happy life Jess has always wanted is there for the taking—all he has to do is open his eyes and see it.

Excerpt:

By eleven, Jess was sick of talking about himself, and the muscle cramps in his legs, which plagued him on a daily basis, started to scream painfully enough they could no longer be ignored. Jess excused himself from Jake’s teenage son Blay and wheeled his chair toward the bar where Jack and Collin sat watching him.
As he approached, Jack gave Jess a once-over, his brow furrowing into a frown. “How bad?”
“Seven,” Jess responded, rubbing his hands along his thighs. The pain was probably closer to a nine on a scale of one to ten, but he always rated it lower, and Jack always accused him of being a stubborn, macho hick.
“Idiot! Let’s go,” Jack chastised and got to his feet.
“Don’t call him that!” Collin challenged, also coming to his feet. “He was visiting his friends and family.”
“Visiting or not, he’s an idiot to let the pain get that bad before saying anything.” Jack glared at Jess, but continued to speak to Collin. “You’d think the dumbass would know by now, the longer he waits, the longer it takes to get the pain back under control.”
“How do you know the pain didn’t just hit him?”
Jack grabbed the handgrips on Jess’s chair and wheeled him around. “It doesn’t work that way, numb nuts.”
“There you go with the name calling again. It’s no wonder Jess didn’t tell you if you’re just going to yell at him.”
“Guys,” Jess called out, trying to get their attention.
Jack pushed Jess toward the exit, not even asking Jess if he wanted to say goodnight to anyone, Collin right on their heels. “Right. I should baby him like you do and not expect him to do a damn thing for himself.”
“Well, it’s better than always acting like a hardass and not giving him any slack. Ever heard of the word compassion?”
“Guys!”
“He’s a lot tougher than you give him credit for. Now shut the hell up and grab the door.”
Collin stepped past them, opened the door, and held it for them. “Screw you, Jack. Sometimes he needs a little tenderness too. Oh, I forget, you view tenderness as a weakness and the great and powerful Jackson Rogers doesn’t have any weaknesses.”
“Hey, I think that’s an improvement from the heartless bastard you called me last week. I must be growing on you,” Jack responded, his voice dripping with sarcasm.
“Guys!” Jess screamed, causing Collin and Jack to freeze in the middle of the parking lot.
“What?” They both yelled.
“I’m right here. Jesus, do you mind not talking about me like I’m not?”
Collin had the good sense to look embarrassed, his cheeks turning pink. Jack, on the other hand, opened his mouth to say something, must have thought better of it, and snapped it shut again. He then rolled his eyes and mumbled, “Sorry,” though he didn’t sound the least bit apologetic.

No comments:

New Release Spotlight: The Good Ones are Taken

  THE GOOD ONES ARE TAKEN Author: Taj McCoy ISBN: 9780778305422 Publication Date: Publisher: MIRA 18.99 US | 23.99 CAN   When Magg...