Sunday, May 27, 2012

Avengers and Battleship Movie Reviews

So my DH and I went to see the Avengers along with Battleship on Friday night at our local drive-in. Nice sultry night and it was wonderful to get out with no kids for a change.


Avengers lived up to the hype and then some. I found it very engrossing, had some humorous bits *hulk smashing Loki like a rag doll had me giggling* and the story line was very well done. I may not know much on comic book lore so I bug my DH on Marvel and DC Comics, villains and other items. 


Josh Whedon did a great job in creating a story line for all the Avengers-Thor, Iron Man, Capt. America, Hulk, Hawkeye and though I am not sure why Black Widow (I think that was her name) was there since I felt her part was pretty much flat. Otherwise, the story was great. I really enjoyed the extra scene that sets it up for a sequel. Nope not saying since if you haven't see it, I don't want to spoil it for you.


Avengers-5 Stars and a recommended watch


Next after Avengers was Battleship-the movie not the game. *smiles* Let's just say after the wonderful Avengers and hearing mixed reviews on this one, I wasn't expecting too much from it. It was based on a game and frankly as much as I love Liam Neesan, I felt he wasted in this movie. 


Taylor Kitsch from John Carter (which BTW I haven't seen and am awaiting it on DVD before I shell out money for it) plays a 28 year old no account restless guy who has no direction though incredibly smart and whatnot. Let's just say his character turned me off completely 20 min. into the movie. I hate-really hate-characters who are arrogant, act like a jackass and thinks he is cute. *shakes head* I mean I love alien battles for Earth like no other (endof world movies are my thing lol) but this was one I was disappointed in. The acting wasn't terrible just not great, the story line was weak and it felt like I could have just waited to see this when it was in the $5 bin at Wal Mart. 


Though I do have to admit the battle scenes were cool & though I am sure others felt it was the best movie ever, I felt it could have been stronger in story line and in acting.

Battleship-3 stars

No comments:

Book Spotlight/Giveaway: Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa

  Check out Pursuit of Innocence by Bethany Rosa today and make sure to enter the tour wide giveaway as the author is giving one lucky perso...