Saturday, December 5, 2009

Meet Author Amber Skyze & A CONTEST


CONTEST: One Lucky Person will win a copy of HEAT WAVES. Contest is open til Monday Dec. 7th.

What would you tell aspiring young writers about the publishing business?


If you think it’s all about making lots of money and living a grand lifestyle, find another career. It’s a lot of blood, sweat and tears to make it in this business.

Tell us five random things about yourself.

I’m a closet shopaholic (ooops guess that’s out of the bag)I love hard rock music

I’m actually very shy

I could eat Buffalo wings every day

I’m a Jeopardy nut

What type of writer are you—the one who experiences before writing, like Hemingway, or the one who mostly daydreams and fantasizes?

I’m definitely a daydreamer who tries to live out her fantasies! 

From the moment you conceived the idea for the story, to the published book, how long did it take?

The normal turnaround time for me is about four to six months from idea to published book.

When it comes to writing, are you an early bird, or a night owl?

Early bird…I’m up at around 4am. I browse the blogs and then write until 6:30 when it’s time to wake the house up for the day.

How was your experience in looking for a publisher? What words of advice would you offer those novice authors who are in search of one?

Ellora’s Cave was a no-brainer in the beginning. I wanted to start with the largest! Aspen Mountain and Noble Romance I did a little more research and found I liked what they were offering.

I suggest novice authors study the different publishers and read what they’re selling. Make sure you want to see your name associated with what they’re selling and the other authors. Biggest is not always the best fit for everyone.

And another thing is contact other authors to ask for advice about their experiences. Most would be willing to give you information.

What book are you reading now?

I just picked up books one and two of Marley Gibson’s Ghost Huntress series.

Have you ever woken in the night with the need to write? If so, how do you deal with this urge?

I’ve heard a lot of authors talk about waking in the middle of the night with a burning need to write. I love my sleep! LOL. I have woken up and couldn’t sleep and used writing to tire me out. But it had nothing to do with a need to write. J


Sneek peek into HEAT WAVES, Now Available at Aspen Mountain Press
http://www.aspenmountainpress.com/

“So are you tired?” she asked, lifting his shirt and running her fingers up his stomach.


Was he tired? How could he possibly be tired with such a sexy woman stirring his manhood awake?

“Depends. What did you have in mind?” he teased.

“A little of this.” She reached up and kissed his neck, while her hand worked the button of his jeans. “And a little of this.” She nibbled on his earlobe, rendering him useless.

He grabbed her and tossed her down on the seat. “I’m not tired in the least,” he said, tugging at her shirt. “I want to devour you.”

She squirmed under his touch. “I’m feeling a little sleepy.” She faked a yawn.

Ty loved a challenge. “You can go to sleep, but first let me show you what you’ll be missing.”

He brought his lips down on her breast. He felt the bud hardening under the heat of his breath. His fingers roamed her soft skin, searching for the other breast. When he reached his destination he tweaked the nipple between his fingers. She closed her eyes.

“Very sleepy.”

She was going to play that way, was she? He’d show her tired. Lifting her shirt over her head, she didn’t resist him, but she didn’t assist him either. Laying like dead weight she continued with her pretend sleep. But Ty knew it was only a matter of time before she stopped faking and joined in on the fun.

With her shirt off and her bra opened, he worked on shrugging her out of her jeans. It wasn’t easy, but he managed. Now she lay fully exposed – an open invitation to do whatever he pleased to her.

He placed gentle kisses on her flat stomach. Tiny hairs stood on edge, her skin prickled under his touch. She was becoming aroused. He could smell it in the air. He admired her perfectly trimmed pussy as he made his way to prove his point. As he drew closer to her pussy her arousal became more pronounced.

Sleeping, my ass. Let’s see you sleep through this.


Find Amber at the following places:

http://amberskyze.blogspot.com/

http://sevensexyscribes.blogspot.com/

http://goddessesofstorytelling.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

DawnsReadingNook said...

Hi Amber and congrats. on the new release. :)

Great cover and the excerpt has me wanting to know more.

Thanks for coming by.
Dawn

s7anna said...

Hi Amber,
CONGRATULATIONS on the new release!
That was a very very HOT excerpt! Looking forward to reading the book.

Happy Reading
Anna Shah Hoque
s7anna@yahoo.ca

skyla11377 said...

Hey Amber It Is A Pleasure To Get To Know You. I Love Hearing ABuot Things We Wouldn't Normally Know About A Person. Congrats On Heat Waves. Thanks For Taking The Time To Share Things With Us.

Tina Donahue said...

Great interview and luscious excerpt, Amber!

Unknown said...

Thanks for having me Dawn! :)

LottieP said...

Amber, this looks like an amazing story I can't wait to read it.
Charlotte

Unknown said...

Hi :)
Thank you for the interview with Amber. I enjoyed learning about her and her work. Thank you also for the excellent excerpt. Thanks to Amber for imparting her wisdom here for us aspiring-to-be-published writers.
All the best,
RKCharron
xoxo

booklover0226 said...

I enjoyed the interview and excerpt. I can't wait to read Heat Waves.

Thanks,
Tracey D

susan said...

Hi Amber, glad to know you a bit better and enjoyed the interview. Good to hear about your book and it sounds very good. I am new to you but have you on my list and will be checking in with you more now that I know about you. I have a grand daughter named Amber so won't forget your name too easy either. Thanks for the time you gave to do this interview and have a good day. susan L.

Julia Barrett said...

Hilarious excerpt! Shopaholic, eh? Yeah, Amber, the cat is out of the bag!!!

orelukjp0 said...

Congratulations on your anniversary.

I also love Jeopardy. I am a font of useless information, unfortunately there is no call for a trivia pro. LOL.

Congratulations on the new release and again for your 1 year for erotic romance.

orelukjp0 at gmail dot com
orelukjp0 at gmail dot com

SiNn said...

forgot my email address


mortalsinn(AT)yahoo.com

SiNn said...

I love your work! this one sounds just as awesome cant wait to read it crosses my fingers have a wonderful week

Behind the Scenes with Kelli Wilkins: Loving a Wild Stranger

  Behind the Scenes: Loving a Wild Stranger (A Historical Romance) By Kelli A. Wilkins www.KelliWilkins.com     This “Behind the ...